At Cityview Family Dental Centre, our dentists offers dental implants for patients living in Ottawa.
Dental implants are an option for patients with missing teeth. A dental implant is placed into your jawbone with a screw-like appliance.
Time is then given for the dental implant to heal before the artificial tooth, also known as a crown, is put into place.
What you may not know about dental implants:
- Implants can be an alternative to bridges or dentures
- Implants can be placed by general dentists, periodontists, and oral surgeons
- Taking care of your oral health is important for implant success
- A bone graft may be necessary in your jaw to hold the dental implant in place
- Your dental implant procedure may take place over multiple appointments
How do I know if I am a candidate for dental implants?
Your dentist will perform an oral exam and help you determine if implants can be included in your treatment plan.