The iTero Impression Scanner takes highly accurate digital images of your mouth to help your dentist diagnose orthodontic issues and develop a custom treatment plan for you.
The intraoral scanner features a wand, which your dentist moves around your mouth to create 3-D dental impressions of your bite.
The small wand design allows them to scan hard-to-reach places in the back of your mouth.
iTero & Invisalign
Invisalign is a series of removable clear aligners that can help you achieve a straighter smile without traditional metal braces.
iTero is compatible with the Invisalign system and helps your dentist plan your orthodontic treatment.
iTero can also send the digital data it captures to Invisalign Technologies to create your custom aligners.
The iTero Process
The process is easy and will take place during the planning phase of your Invisalign treatment. Your dentist will begin by using the iTero scanner to take a complete 3D scan of your entire mouth.
Next, your dentist will project this image for you to see on a computer screen to show you how your current smile looks from all angles.
They will then use iTero technology to show you a complete 3D simulation of what your smile may look like once your Invisalign treatment is complete.
Once your scans are finished, your dentist sends them electronically to Align Technologies so that they can begin to create aligners just for you.
Benefits of iTero
Your dentist can create an effective Invisalign treatment plan for you using the iTero intraoral scanner. There are a number of benefits of using the scanner during the treatment planning process.
- Your dentist can adjust your treatment plan in real-time.
- Your data can be stored digitally and easily shared with other professionals and third-party providers, like Invisalign.
- You can see how your smile looks before and after treatment.
- Your treatment is more efficient and convenient for you.
- You can track your treatment progress along the way.
- You don't have to deal with the messy process of traditional impressions.